Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Summary: The role of the Host/Hostess manages the flow of the restaurant by being the first member of the team to greet guests and welcome them into the dining atmosphere.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer the phone in a prompt and professional manner
- Greet guests with a positive and welcoming attitude
- Seat guests at their tables
- Manage the guest wait list and reservations
- Maintain a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean and professional image
- Other duties as assigned
- A high school diploma is required.
- Position requires a high energy individual.
- Friendly, positive and professional demeanor.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse angry situations and collect accurate information in order to resolve conflicts.
- Requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between buildings and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, including second-hand environmental smoke. The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult guests or staff members. The noise level in the work environment varies from light to moderate.