Major Responsibility Areas:
- Provides direction and assigns work to management, outside contractors and maintenance engineers.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance, plumbing, and electrical components of the building and grounds.
- Responsible for managing construction projects that affect the Company; is the primary liaison with all contractors and planners.
- Organizes and negotiates bids for contract work and selects vendors that offer the most effective product.
- Oversees routine and emergency maintenance on systems and equipment as required.
- Maintains and continuously updates a working knowledge of all permitting requirements for repairs, construction and engineering tasks. Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, laws, internal policies/procedures, and internal control protocols.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate professional relationships with regulatory agencies, educational institutions, business leaders, community leaders, and others that may serve as strategic partners.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Actively participates in the administration of the Company’s environmental, health and safety program; is a lead advisor for all facility related issues that tie into the program.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates. Communicates standards to departments.
- Responsible for training new or existing employees on job responsibilities; documenting safety related issues and concerns; ensuring employees are appropriately trained in recognizing safety hazards; partaking in accident/incident investigations; addressing safety issues or unsafe working conditions; creating, implementing and communicating safety initiatives for the department.
- Associate’s degree required; a BS or MS in Engineering or a related field is highly preferred.
- Must have 10 or more years of experience with managing a large scale facilities department in a racing or manufacturing type of environment.
- Requires the knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with all facets of building, life support and safety equipment, HVAC systems, electrical systems, etc.
- Professional certifications within the engineering and/or construction industry are preferred.
- Requires knowledge of all aspects of plant safety, building maintenance, and various trades including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.
- Strong leadership skills and customer service orientation required.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
- Strong MS Office skills to include effective working knowledge of AutoCAD and other engineering software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.