|Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Responsible for the administration and day-to-day supervision and operation of the Player’s Club and Guest Services department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises Guest Services and Player’s Club staff to meet and exceed performance expectations.
- Is directly involved with the hiring, training, evaluating, rewarding and apply disciplinary or corrective counseling to guest services staff.
- Establishes and maintains a positive work environment and promotes positive employee relations.
- Explains gaming machine details to employees and guests as necessary.
- Adheres to the compliance of all policies and procedures to the Departmental or Internal Control Manual.
- Works closely with marketing personnel and slot database analyst, as needed.
- Clearly presents information; reads and interprets complex information; talks with customers or employees; listens well.
- Stays informed of current industry trends; learns and applies new concepts and demonstrates career self-reliance; identifies own areas of opportunity and sets and monitors self-development goals.
- Promotes the Players Club, by assisting customers through the membership process.
- Is responsible for stock of all needed operational supplies..
- Assures proper completion of currency transactions reporting paperwork, as required by federal regulations (Title 31), FDLE for gaming.
- May supervise or verify gaming transactions.
- Evaluates guest disputes and makes final decision in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Promotes and maintains the utmost integrity and the highest caliber of guest service and respect to all patrons, employees and Gulfstream Casino personnel.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the property, as well as current and upcoming special events.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Complies with safety procedures including use of required safety equipment and identifies unsafe practices or conditions.
- Maintains general awareness of gaming operation at all times and complies with security policies and procedures in order to secure company assets.
- Trains, schedules and evaluates team members in keeping with corporate objectives; specifically, supervises the operations of the Casino floor, gaming devices, levels of service, and assigned personnel.
- Responsible for training new or existing employees on job responsibilities; documenting safety related issues and concerns; ensuring employees are appropriately trained in recognizing safety hazards; partaking in accident/incident investigations; addressing safety issues or unsafe working conditions; creating, implementing and communicating safety initiatives for the department.
- Provides guest service on the slot gaming floor and also any other gaming area of the property.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- BS in Business, or a related discipline and two (2) years of similar work experience.
- Requires one (1) or more year’s supervisory experience in a related field. .
- Possesses excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication and managerial skills. Experience operating computers and software programs is required, including email and MS Office applications.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and push, pull, or drag up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between buildings and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, including second-hand environmental smoke. The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult guests or staff members. The noise level in the work environment varies from light to moderate.