Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Responsible for ensuring the profitability and a smooth operation of all hospitality and food & beverage venues. Management of large dining rooms and catered events is required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serves as the primary manager of the seasonal dining room operation.
• Exercises complete control and responsibility of the dining room, the bar area and any banquet areas.
• Maintains a high degree of interaction and thorough communication with managers and individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Provides overall supervision to maximize the company’s objectives and to realize the guest experience.
• Knowledgeable of all policies, procedures, training techniques and marketing plans as they apply to the operation.
• Responsible for and encouraging to maintain a clean, healthy and safe facility.
• Complete daily checklists and to do lists.
• Be a visible hands-on manager on a per shift basis.
• Responsible for training new or existing employees on job responsibilities; documenting safety related issues and concerns; ensuring employees are appropriately trained in recognizing safety hazards; partaking in accident/incident investigations; addressing safety issues or unsafe working conditions; creating, implementing and communicating safety initiatives for the department.
• Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or Business, preferred.
• Must have at least 3-5 years of experience in a management role in a large restaurant, hotel, resort or similar operation.
• Must have an excellent understanding of the food and beverage operation.
• Effective organizational and human relations skills are an absolute must.
• Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication and time management skills.
• Must have working knowledge of all MS Office applications.
• Micros POS and FoodTrak knowledge is preferred. HAACP, local state/county or similar Food Handlers Certification is also highly preferred.