Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Maintain organization of parts/tools in the Slot Repair Shop. Assist with keeping the areas where gaming machine installs, removals and theme changes are occurring safe and clean. Assist with minor repairs to slot machines such as buttons/lights/cleaning, etc. Be in compliance with the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR), Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE), and other applicable State and Federal laws and regulations. Assist in maintaining good public relations with patrons. Comply with safety and security standards of the corporation while orientating staff to operations and complying with pre-determined internal control procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs minor maintenance and repair of gaming devices on the gaming floor.
- Updates machine maintenance records.
- Installs and removes gaming equipment from the floor.
- Tests and repairs all buttons/lights at machines on the casino floor as efficiently as possible.
- Maintains the internal and external appearance of the gaming machines.
- Participates in addressing routine guest concerns and incidents and identifies situations.
- Adhering to the compliance of all policies and procedures to the Departmental or Internal Control Manual.
- Completes training as required by federal regulations (Title 31), FDLE for the gaming department.
- Promote and maintain the utmost integrity and the highest caliber of guest service and respect to all patrons, employees and Gulfstream Casino personnel.
- Ensures all slot machines are in compliance with the regulatory commission and casino internal controls.
- Inventories and requests necessary electronic parts when levels reach re-order status.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the property, as well as current and upcoming special events, in order to advise guest and fellow employees of same, whenever possible.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Comply with safety procedures including use of required safety equipment and identify unsafe practices or conditions.
- Maintain general awareness of gaming operation at all times and comply with security policies and procedures in order to secure company assets.
- Additional or different responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of Gaming management.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred. Technical school or formal apprenticeship may be required.
- Requires the knowledge, skills and abilities to work with personal computers, player tracking systems, gaming devices, safety equipment and other identified equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Communication skills both written and oral are required.
- Ability to repair and maintain electronic gaming equipment.