Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Summary: Responsible for performing high volume cash and non-cash transactions with our guests and internal customers in a courteous, accurate, and timely manner. The individual will easily compute all monetary transactions. Accurate transaction and balancing practices, as well as strict adherence to the department policies and procedures are necessary to maintain integrity of the Cage operation. The individual will have a strong knowledge of Title 31 requirements as it pertains to the gaming operation. The individual must have a professional, friendly and courteous manner, in their interactions with both our guests and with other employees.Successful candidate MUST HAVE a positive attitude and MUST BE able to work late evenings, overnight and weekend shifts. Cash handling a plus but not required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works in the Poker, General, Cash Advance and Casino cashier areas. Works in other departmental areas as assigned.
- Performs all job functions in compliance with the departmental procedures and all company and state/federal regulations.
- Accurately performs transactions efficiently in a guest friendly manner.
- Performs financial transactions to execute marketing promotions including cash, non-cash assets, and epromo.
- Fosters positive relations with both our external and internal guests. Promote and maintain the utmost integrity and the highest caliber of customer service and respect to all patrons, employees and Gulfstream Casino personnel.
- Additional or different responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of the Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Comply with safety procedures including use of required safety equipment and identify unsafe practices or conditions.
- Maintain general awareness of gaming operation at all times and comply with security policies and procedures in order to secure company assets.
- High school diploma or GED and a professional attitude and appearance.
- Fluency in English both verbal and written is required.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications.
- The applicant must be able to obtain and maintain in good standing a Professional Employee Occupational License.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and push, pull, or drag up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between buildings and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, including second-hand environmental smoke. The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult guests or staff members. The noise level in the work environment varies from light to moderate.
- The candidate will be required to stand for long periods of time and lift, push/pull up to 50 lbs. The candidate must have sufficient manual dexterity and visual acuity to perform the job functions in a fast, efficient manner.