Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Summary: A Player's Club Representative signs up new guest into the players club database. Inform guests of current and upcoming property promotions. Provide excellent customer service. Assist in maintaining good public relations with patrons. Complies with safety and security standards of the corporation and complies with pre-determined internal control procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively promotes the players club by walking the casino floor and signing up new guests.
- Provides outstanding, courteous and efficient service to our guests.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the club, in order to effectively explain to guests.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the property, as well as current and upcoming special events, in order to advise guests and fellow employees of same, whenever possible.
- Assists Marketing Manager, Supervisors and other Marketing personnel with Club related matters and feedback.
- Facilitates the flow of information, by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Resolves minor customer conflicts, which relate to the Good Luck Player’s Club.
- Routinely inspects stock of Club printed material, and re-stocks same, as needed.
- Issues rewards for guests when appropriate level of play has been established.
- Provides directions, assistance, and/or information as may be required to ensure customer satisfaction within company guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, laws, internal policies/procedures, and internal control protocols.
- Demonstrates an upbeat and outgoing demeanor while on duty.
- Maintains a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Additional or different responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of the Guest Services Supervisor.
- Provides guest service on the slot gaming floor and also any other gaming area of the property.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Requires the knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with personal computers, player tracking systems, gaming devices, safety equipment, etc.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
- Strong computer and customer service skills required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.