Palm Meadows Thoroughbred Training Center is currently looking for Heavy Equipment Operators to join our winning team!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Operates machinery and mechanical equipment to maintain or a thoroughbred race course.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools.
- Controls downtime by informing management of routine preventive maintenance.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Operates small and large equipment such as tractors, large vehicles, forklifts, mowers, and at times, a variety of hand tools and equipment like table saws, etc. to perform a variety of maintenance tasks.
- Completes all work assignments on time and with accuracy.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Technical school certification(s) are highly preferred.
- Must have experience operating large equipment/ farm equipment.
- Requires the skill and ability to perform physically demanding labor on a routine basis.
- Must be able to routinely lift and/or move up to 150 lbs and push, pull, or drag up to 150 lbs.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
- Must be tolerant to outside work in extreme weather conditions such as heat and humidity, which may often contain dust and debris.
- Must be able to drive tractors and other heavy equipment as needed.
- Written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Please submit your resume for consideration.
Gulfstream Park is an EOE and a drug-free workplace