Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Summary: Responsible for maintaining the building and surrounding areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic maintenance and repair to the building and other general areas of the property.
- Maintains all equipment to ensure safety and equipment upkeep.
- Maintains common areas for safety and appearance.
- Provides excellent service to both internal and external customers.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, laws, internal policies/procedures, and internal control protocols.
- Carries out assigned work procedures and work schedules.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by reporting senior.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Technical school or formal apprenticeship may be required.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to learn and work with simple hand tools or small power equipment.
- Strong customer service orientation required.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between buildings and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands. The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult guests or staff members. The noise level in the work environment varies from light to moderate.
Gulfstream Park offers all full time employees comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, STD, LTD Life and 401K with employer match after one year of employment, vacation, sick, and holiday pay, tuition reimbursement and more!