Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Proactively seek out event sales opportunities within the social and local corporate markets
• Create and execute sales strategies directed at the social and corporate markets
• Handle all incoming new inquiries from social or corporate sector in a timely manner
• Produce and review schedules of events with Director
• Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth planning and execution of events
• Build and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings
• Develop and monitor creative local marketing channels, including social media
• Attentively work with the F&B team to ensure a positive and productive work environment
• Work with other departments to create an exceptional customer experience
• Minimum 2 years of event sales management experience at an upscale hotel or restaurant
• Proven sales and networking capabilities
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Proven ability to generate results in a high-level customer service environment
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, listening and writing)
• Strong time management skills
• Proven problem solving abilities, self-motivated and organized
• Must be able to work an irregular schedule to meet event demands. Evenings, weekends and holidays are typically work days.