Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Summary: Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and in preparing basic financial reports for various hospitality functions within our business model.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile low to moderately complex general ledger accounts monthly including research and resolution of discrepancies
- Reconcile sub-ledgers to GL as required.
- Maintain and enhance financial systems and reporting mechanisms
- Prepare monthly journal entries and supporting schedules.
- Participate in month end, quarter end and year end closings.
- Comply with Internal controls and best practices, and assist in other accounting projects as requested.
- Provide support to internal and external auditors during quarterly and year-end audits.
- Responsible for performing various accounting functions including assisting with month end close and financial statement preparation, internal audits, assist with external and regulatory agency audits and other financial reporting as deemed necessary.
- Assists and advises the finance department and company personnel, as necessary, to ensure the successful performance of their assigned job duties and the company overall.
- Review and analyze financial statements and various financial reports.
- Perform various account reconciliation's and maintain balance sheet and reconciliation records.
- Assist in preparing audit work papers and being involved in the audit process for internal, external, and regulatory audits.
- Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results.
- Ability to solve complex financial problems.
- Responsible for completing assigned duties, paperwork, and reports in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a staff accountant; hospitality experience preferred.
- Understands and is able to apply technical accounting concepts to areas of assigned business.
- Must have analytical thinking skills, great communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to resolve open items with problem-solving skills. Possesses the ability to meet and manage deadlines with accuracy.
- Requires excellent internal and external customer service skills and proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.