Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Summary: The Micros Administrator's primary responsibility is to support and maintain the corporation’s Micros POS system (POS) as well as its peripherals.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must have experience working in hospitality and have 5+ years of experience as a Micros administrator, and have handled multiple sites. Candidates must also be able to travel at least 50% of the time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains and upgrades all hardware, software and related IT equipment while ensuring optimal POS performance, with minimal downtime.
- Provides end user training and assist where required.
- Manages, coordinates and assists in installing POS at all corporate locations.
- Trains F&B management and any related staff remotely or on premises as needed.
- Manages all POS upgrades, product upgrades, implementations/installations and related POS projects
- Performs on-site analysis, diagnosis and resolution of POS system, PCs, printers and other peripherals, as necessary.
- Assists management in all locations with understanding how to effectively use the POS, maintain Mymicros and any other functionality as needed or implemented to each location.
- Develops and deploys new training tools in common user areas such MyMicros
- Assists local management with the management of digital menu boards, and other associated installations.
- Requires a BS in IT, Business or a related are of study. Requires as least 5 years' work experience as a Micros administrator.
- Micros POS system experience is required – please note that this experience is required to be considered for this position.
- Certifications in Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, programming, etc. highly preferred.
- Requires an excellent analytical mind-set.
- Must have outstanding network and PC hardware experience; hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive equipment support experience with Windows based computer system.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including TCP/IP.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.