To apply, please email your resume directly to Patti.Marquis@gulfstreampark.com
Gulfstream Park, an iconic billion dollar gaming, hospitality and entertainment destination in South Florida is now searching for a full time veterinarian to work within our world-class thoroughbred racing division. Working in tandem with the lead Veterinarian at Gulfstream Park, will administer veterinary care for some of the world’s greatest athletes! This role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, results-oriented full time veterinarian.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attends daily morning meetings with Salix coordinator and veterinary colleagues
- Administers Salix to eligible Thoroughbred racehorses as directed
- Completes other veterinary care duties as assigned
- Must be detail oriented, have good communication skills. Must exercise poise, tact and diplomacy in a variety of work situations.
- Requires a current license to practice Veterinary Medicine in the State of Florida.
- Equine experience required.
- Previous work experience within the thoroughbred racing industry is highly preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to have scheduling flexibility in order to work early mornings and weekends and some holidays.