Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Security Officers will provide physical security in the public and support areas pursuant to departmental operating procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and enforces internal security regulations.
- Completes security incident reports.
- Provides excellent employee and customer service.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, laws, internal policies/procedures, and internal control protocols.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by reporting supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. Technical school or formal apprenticeship may be required.
- Prior experience in law enforcement, military or civilian security Services preferred.
- May require the knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with personal computers, access control card systems, gaming devices, safety equipment, etc.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Must have flexible schedule with ability to work weekends.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Must successfully pass a background screening which will include all criminal record checks
Valid Drivers License is required.
Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and extensive background check.