The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations, to include the production of periodic financial reports, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
Major Responsibility Areas:
- Record, analyze and monitor financial information
- Assist with management of accounting personnel, mentoring and developing staff across multiple disciplines including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general accounting, etc.
- Oversee complete month-end close process, comparing actuals to budget and prior periods
- Provide analyses of fluctuations of monthly financials
- Oversee and steer annual budgeting process in collaboration with various department leads
- Monthly, quarterly, annually provide corporate finance team updated forecasts and other ad-hoc reporting as requested
- Lead monthly financial workshops to discuss financial results
- Review and approve AP, AR, GL batches, ensuring compliance with company policies and internal controls and coding in accordance with GAAP
- Foster and maintain healthy relationships with outside vendors and customers as well as partners to ensure satisfaction and positive reputation of the company
- Oversee and steer annual financial audit as well as 3rd party audits by federal, state or pension authorities
- Ensure integrity of balance sheet by preparing or reviewing reconciliations
- Review and endorse weekly as well as ad-hoc payment process, including signing of checks, uploads to banking positive pay portal and monitoring fraud alerts
- Ensure operating effectiveness in daily operations as well as cash flow and financial results
- Prepare deliverables for regulatory as well as corporate review/assessment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum five years of hands-on supervisory / management experience with direct-reports
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- Experience with Great Plains software preferred
- Above average skills in MS Office, especially Excel
Gulfstream Park offers all full time employees comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, STD, LTD Life and 401K with employer match after one year of employment, vacation, sick, and holiday pay, tuition reimbursement and more!
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.