Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
Summary: Responsible for leading horses to the starting gates and keeping things orderly during the procession. Works closely with trainers & jockeys to ensure everyone gets around safely.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Basic rule enforcement
- Leading animals to starting gates
- Chasing down runaway horses
- Chasing down any early starters
- Sounding the alarm to notify rider injury
- Leading animals for morning exercise
- Opening & closing the track at the beginning & end of the day
- Coordinating with other track personnel
- High school diploma required
- 5 or more years of experience working with live thoroughbred horses
- Requires a great deal of track knowledge, superb riding skills and keen senses. Ability to work weekends and holidays
- A calm demeanor, physical strength and a tireless attitude are key to a successful outrider