Gulfstream Park, South Florida's hottest and fastest growing entertainment destination is currently looking for a 1st Line cook to work within our culinary operation.
Summary:Responsible for cooking and preparing food for the main dining room or other outlets.The 1st line cook accurately and efficiently cooks menu items and specialty food products as well as prepares and portions food products prior to cooking. Performs other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation and presentation, including plating and garnishing of cooked items.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items using recipes for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
• Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
• Completes required tasks within assigned time frames.
• Tracks and reports any food waste.
• Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
• Opens and/or closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
• Assists others in closing the kitchen.
• Cooks only items generated from the restaurant point-of-sale system
• Performs related duties such as helping to wash dishes as needed, preparing recycling, cleaning around restaurant and help with any other projects as assigned by the kitchen manager.
• If a meal is returned for any reason, correct the problem and report the return to the manager.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
• High school diploma required and two (2) years work experience in field.
• Must have the ability to follow instructions, ability to perform assigned tasks under limited supervision.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
• Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours) and have a flexible work schedule.
Must be able to work on nights, weekends and holidays.