Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Guest Services Representatives are the front line representatives on the gaming floor. Their primary responsibilities are to provide service to guests and to make sure that the gaming floor is maintained in a serviceable manner at all times. Must maintain knowledge of all promotions and gaming devices utilized on the gaming floor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote and maintain the utmost integrity and the highest caliber of guest service and respect to all patrons, employees and Gulfstream Casino personnel.
- Ensures compliance of all policies and procedures to the Departmental or Internal Control Manual.
- Assures proper completion of currency transactions reporting paperwork, as required by federal regulations (Title 31), FDLE for the gaming department.
- Perform all required hand-pay jackpots with the knowledge or with supervisor assistance in accordance with Gulfstream Park Policy and Procedures.
- Assists guest with the redemption of tickets and breaking bills where applicable.
- Responsible for keeping the casino floor clean, organized and presentable.
- Restock the machine ticket printers when low or out, clear minor bill acceptor or ticket printer jams.
- Be able to understand and calculate complex game pay tables with confidence and be able to explain it to the guest.
- Resolves Guest disputes or contact the Supervisor on the floor to assist in resolving the issue.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment. Comply with safety procedures including use of required safety equipment and identify unsafe practices or conditions.
- Maintains general awareness of gaming operation at all times and comply with security policies and procedures in order to secure company assets.
- Reports technical problems to a gaming technician or supervisor so they can be repaired quickly.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED preferred and/or two (2) years work experience in field.
- Requires the knowledge, skills and abilities to work with personal computers, and have the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
- Must have the ability to follow instructions, ability to perform assigned tasks under limited supervision.
Gulfstream Park offers all full time employees comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, STD, LTD Life and 401K with employer match after one year of employment, vacation, sick, and holiday pay, tuition reimbursement and more!