Since Gulfstream Park first opened its doors in 1939, we have quickly become known as South Florida’s legendary entertainment destination. Whether you are looking to watch some live Thoroughbred racing action, try your luck in our high-stakes poker room or unwind with appetizers and cocktails at the Village, we provide a little of something for everyone.
We offer our guests a standard of service unbridled by any other and this level of excellence stems directly from the commitment of our employees. We are always searching for candidates that share our same level of passion for people and desire to succeed, while also embodying our positive spirit. Your future is bright at Gulfstream, so make the right bet and join our winning team today!
Summary: Responsible for managing the slot technical support staff and slot technical projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for slot machine installs, moves, conversions, daily maintenance of non-operational gaming equipment and preventative maintenance.
- Acts as a host, explaining gaming machines details to employees and guests as necessary. • Adhering to the compliance of all policies and procedures to the Departmental or Internal Control Manual.
- Make recommendations in the hiring, training, evaluating, rewarding and apply disciplinary or corrective counseling to technical staff.
- Carries out procedures, trains and schedules and evaluates team members in keeping with corporate objectives; specifically, supervises the operations of the Casino floor, gaming devices, levels of service, and assigned personnel.
- Assures proper completion of currency transactions reporting paperwork, as required by federal regulations (Title 31), FDLE for the gaming department.
- Evaluates guest disputes and makes final decision in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Promotes and maintains the utmost integrity and the highest caliber of guest service and respect to all patrons, employees and casino personnel.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the property, as well as current and upcoming special events, in order to advise guest and fellow employees of same, whenever possible.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Comply with safety procedures including use of required safety equipment and identify unsafe practices or conditions.
- Maintain general awareness of gaming operation at all times and comply with security policies and procedures in order to secure company assets.
- Responsible for training new or existing employees on job responsibilities; documenting safety related issues and concerns; ensuring employees are appropriately trained in recognizing safety hazards; partaking in accident/incident investigations; addressing safety issues or unsafe working conditions; creating, implementing and communicating safety initiatives for the department.
- BS in Business highly preferred; High School diploma required.
- Five (5) years work experience in the slot technical field; previous supervisory experience is required.
- Must possess technical, organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Must have an intermediate knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to cover shifts for slot techs who may not be able to come to work their assigned shift.
Gulfstream Park offers all full time employees comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, STD, LTD Life and 401K with employer match after one year of employment, vacation, sick, and holiday pay, tuition reimbursement and more!