The Junior Casino Host role is responsible for the solicitation and cultivation of new player relationships, as well as maintaining those with existing players, in order to increase the growth of gaming revenues through the development of a targeted guest base.
Major Responsibility Areas:
- Responsible for the solicitation and cultivation of new player relationships as well as maintaining existing player relationships with Gulfstream Park Casino. Must work to identify, cultivate, and retain Casino high value customers.
- Markets to preferred players through phone, email and direct mail about services available, offers, and special events.
- Liaises with Marketing and other functions to determine promotional programs; assists in developing and implementing player development activities for slot and racing players. Keeps informed of competitive promotions.
- Responsible for the administrations of comps and other player incentive decisions, as well as for executing certain administrative duties regarding promotional transactions.
- Supports the overall development and accuracy of the player database.
- Effectively handles customer complaints and discrepancies in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Reviews and ensures that all processes are completed in compliance with internal controls.
- Remains accessible to customers and co-workers by responding to calls or other inquiries in a timely manner; must be able to establish relationships and maintain close ties with targeted guests through personal contact (i.e., in person, phone, or email).
- MUST be bilingual in Spanish and/or Russian
- High School diploma or equivalent, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of casino host experience; supervisory or sales experience, preferably within the casino industry, is highly preferred.
- Must possess outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Must have a flexible schedule to conduct on/off-site events and promotional parties to maintain customer loyalty and to obtain new business.
- Must be able to work well with customers and co-workers; a team centered orientation is critical to this role.
- Must be focused with a demonstrated ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and workload demands.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of federal/state laws and regulations pertaining to gaming, horseracing, and media utilization.
- Strong leadership skills and customer service orientation required.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products; knowledge of casino databases is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.